TryThis0ne >> General >> Computers
can I be infected trough pendrive?
Viewers: :
Quick reply

past

Registerd on: 01/01/1970, 04:00:00

Send Email Top
Sent on: 10/10/2008, 02:15:30 Reply | Quote | Warn | Edit
Hello , I'm repairing a pc with XP home ed. on and a problem with the zlob trojan, looking around for the net I read it is related to site with adult material that can induce user to download a fake activeX component. Now I'd like to find the infected files and delete them , but I don' t want to infect my computer. So the question is : if I use a USB drive for files exchanging between my computer and the infected one, do I run the risk of being infected me too? I need doing this because I want to load on the bad computer programs like HiJack and then analyse the logs from my pc . As antivir I use AntiVir and alway update it.

cp77fk4r
Global Admin

Send Email Top
Sent on: 10/10/2008, 18:17:16 Reply | Quote | Warn | Edit
Yeah sure, if the worm designed to infect a removable device it's can infect your computer.

but you can bypass that- the USB worm base on the "Autorun" application in the windows system, instead of run it- double click on "my computer" and then left click on the device and then click "explorer".
it will open the device without run the worm.

past

Send Email Top
Sent on: 10/10/2008, 19:29:35 Reply | Quote | Warn | Edit
ok , now last question: if I plug in the pendrive in the infected pc e work on it , then I format the pen always from the infected pc and as formatting is finished I plug out the pen, will it be clear? or there is the possibility that the trojan infect the pen anyway?

cp77fk4r
Global Admin

Send Email Top
Sent on: 11/10/2008, 20:48:34 Reply | Quote | Warn | Edit
You want to format it from the infected box? again, if the worm designed to behave like that- it's supposed to infect the drive.

All the times are GMT+2, ISRAEL
TryThis0ne >> General >> Computers

Quick reply

Page generated using: 12 queries
Design by SBD © GeHeNoM.Net | Powered By Tera-Byte Forums 1.5 © JonJon & HLL
ý